Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

'SNew With You?

With all the very nearly FO's around the house I had to get the list of WIPs back in order. So I cast on for four new projects:

Black Cherry Bag

I stopped by my LYS on a lunch break and decided it was about time for me to update my commuter project. I finished my last one quite a while ago. So I bought 25 Bags to Knit, some Rowan Handknit DK in Black, GGH Mystik, Some Mohair stuff, R2 Sparkle in Silver. So far I'm not crazy about the Handknit DK. It reminds me too much of Lion Brand Kitchen Cotton. It's a good note to self though... I LOVE the Mystik though. I'm trying to talk myself out of buying a bunch for a tank top (for next summer, I'm not quite deluded enough to think I'd be able to crank another one out this year... see below)

Tivoli

I have finally started the Tivoli top. I say finally like I've had the yarn for years. I've been itching to cast this puppy on since I bought the yarn. I was making myself "finish" the graduated top first though. I'm making the smallest size but using yarn that is a bit larger. I want a finished size in between the smallest and medium one. We'll have to see how that goes... So far it looks very nice but I need to confirm my gauge is still what I need. I'll try to keep you posted on this but black isn't a very cooperative model so I'm hoping I can show you stuff and not end up with "well, take my word for it... over there... big hole".

NBaT

Yes I've succumbed to the Nothin' But a T. How could I pass on it really... I LOVE calmer. I bought a bag to make Audrey and then never got around to it. I can't visualize such a lovely lacy thing in the color I've got anyway (picture above is not true to color) and when this pattern came out I knew it had found it's purpose. I have not decided what to put on the front, if anything. Might end up turning this into a contest... Hmmm.

And a the last thing I started was a pair of socks that apparently I spaced out taking a picture of. I'm using the Lorna's Laces that is left over from the Pillbox Hat. They tell you in the hat pattern that you'll need two skeins. I didn't even touch the second one. Kind of annoying, but at least it won't go to waste. Ha. Like yarn can go to waste...

Have a great one!

3 Comments:

At 10:28 AM, Blogger Wanda said...

Oh, not 3, but 4 new projects! You go girl! I love the feel of Calmer, as well as that Pima Tencel. I'm just trying to keep myself from succumbing. I look forward to your progess on all of these projects.

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger Lauren said...

I was just thinking of casting on for Tivoli tonight... yours will be great :)

 
At 8:05 PM, Blogger Jenifer said...

Yea to a casting on queen! Good for you. You'll have to tell me some day why you love Calmer so much. Cathi and I were just discussing whether it justifies the steep prize. :)

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home