Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Thursday, July 28, 2005

Socks

Anyone remember the Beverly Cleary books? Ramona the Pest, being the most popular, will no doubt bring back memories for most.

But what about Socks? Being a bit OCD when it comes to reading (especially as a child - one summer I was determined to read the ENTIRE junior fiction section at my library - I got through the C's - thank God it wasn't a large library) I read every book written by Miss Cleary at some point in my life.

Most people that know me, know that Beverly Cleary's Socks is the only kind I like. So why in the world has something like a 6 Sox Knitalong button suddenly appeared on my blog? Well, I've caved in. I'm going to make another attempt at the sock knitting thing. I've seen so many lovely socks in blogland this summer I've decided to give up on my stubborn determination to never make another sock. Hope it goes well.

5 Comments:

At 4:20 PM, Blogger Wanda said...

You will do great and I will help if you have problems. Socks are so much fun. I bet Kim's socks really changed your mind, huh?! ;-)

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger Kim said...

I'll be glad to help you through any sock knitting stress you might encounter :) Happy knitting!

 
At 7:49 PM, Anonymous Stacey said...

Yippee! I knew you wouldn't hold out forever!!! Haaahaha!

 
At 8:00 PM, Anonymous Joanne said...

Yay Michelle. Welcome to the other side! Holler if you need help.

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger CynCyn said...

Wanda will help!! Socks are pretty fun, and very portable. I just wish the stitches weren't so teeny tiny. I do love the sock yarn though.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home