Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

STILL not Graduated

I still haven't graduated from the graduated ribbed top. I have been working on it quite a bit lately though. Right now we have sleeves attached with a nice three needle bind-off under the arms and a good inch into the decreases. Still liking the project. Just want it to be FINISHED already. Now that everything is attached I've got over 300 sts on the needle and a single round seems to take a lifetime to finish.

The funniest part of this design that it seems so small. I've tried on each of the pieces so I know it will fit but with it all scrunched up on one needle, the ribbing pulling everything in so much, and the 3/4 length sleeves, when I take it out of the bag it doesn't look like it would fit anyone larger than a 6 year old.

4 Comments:

At 11:37 AM, Blogger Wanda said...

Dang, girl. Still can't get graduated?! j/k I know how you feel, that's kind of how my Tempting is going. Now that I have the sleeves attached, it seems like it's taking forever for even one round to be done. I've even measured out how many rows make up one inch. But it will get there eventually.

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger Jenifer said...

The end is always the worst part for me ... you'd think the last 10% of a project would go fast, but I still have UFOs hanging around at 90%. But of course it will fit you! And you'll look great!

 
At 12:29 PM, Anonymous Joanne said...

It's coming along great, Michelle! You'll have it done in no time. Hope to see you at Borders on Saturday.

 
At 8:47 PM, Anonymous Stacey said...

Your top is lookin' good...are you going to have a party for your graduation?!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home