Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Monday, August 08, 2005

AGAIN

So much to report. I don't know where to begin. Let's start with "The sock from Hell".

SFH started out plain enough. I decided to try the short row technique described in the pattern. Why not learn something new?
After two botched attempts with the short rows I was finally happy with my work and started the main section of sock. It was going on quite well and I was growing quite confident in my sock knitting abilities. So why is all this past tense?

Because this is now what my sock looks like (or at least around 5 last night when I took the photo). Can anyone say "Gauge is important"? I get it. This is all an attempt to thwart my newly-found sock passion. It won't work. I cast on with a larger needle last night, and as I was turning the heel for the FOURTH time I read the pattern correctly and it looks GREAT! Ha!

That will be the extent of my gloating for the day. I don't want to tempt the sock gods... Have a good one. I'm going to check my Hor-o-scope and see if there are any warnings about knitting socks this month...

2 Comments:

At 3:44 PM, Blogger Wanda said...

Sorry the first sock didn't work out, but definitely don't lose your sock passion! Once you get it, you will love it. Sorry I wasn't around to help you!

 
At 8:16 PM, Blogger CynCyn said...

(You shoulda been here on Fri so Wanda, the queen of sox, could've helped you). Seriously, she held my hand ALL through my first sock. What good is having a knitting crew if you don't us them/us?
hope you're feeling better!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home