Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Harry Potter Fans "Untie"

Signs like that always make me laugh. I'm weird.

Anyway... I've decided to make the Adorable Bookscarf (pattern courtesy of Laura). While I consider myself a great Harry Potter fan I can't foresee myself wearing one of these particular scarves, but I can certainly envision my book wearing one. It gets chilly in the loft in the wintertime after all...

The pattern calls for DMC floss and while I was browsing for just.the.right.shade I came across some newer stuff (mind you, I haven't looked at DMC for about 10 years, so this "newer" stuff is just relative to me) that has 27 yards per skein. Perfect! So I'm using it instead of the traditional floss. That, and some TINY needles. They make the size 3's I'm using for another project feel huge. So, I guess that is a plus...

6 Comments:

At 11:13 AM, Blogger Wanda said...

a HP bookscarf! I have seen those, they are cute. At least it's quick1

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Have fun with it. Mine took a couple of days--even with the small needles :) Happy knitting!

 
At 8:50 PM, Blogger Jenifer said...

Wow, that's really cute! If I hadn't already read the most recent book, I'd definitely be making one. But who's to stop me from making one for book 7?? Take care!

 
At 8:52 PM, Blogger Jenifer said...

P.S., your tivoli turned out really cute -- what yarn did you use?? :)

 
At 9:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome Blog! I added you to my bookmarks. My site is on nintendo revolution secrets if you would like to come and give me a review!

 
At 4:36 AM, Anonymous Laura said...

This is actually the type of thread called for in my pattern. I started out trying to use the floss, but then I too was excited to discover this "newer stuff." Have fun making it, and thanks for including the link to me.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home