Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Friday, August 26, 2005

Magazine Friday

So, I've been knitting, but when you only get a row or two done on Rogue it's tough to even consider taking a picture. How excited can you get about less than a 1/4" of progress?

I can tell you I'm VERY excited about these two magazines. I ordered them a while ago but had to wait for the store to get them before the could be shipped off to lil-ol-me.

I've never ordered either of these magazines before. The Katia was inspired by some of the work I saw over at Knit and Tonic (check out her Winners area). The latest Phildar magazine was the complete work of their marketing department. I love it that you can look at all the pictures in their magazines on their website. I fell completely in love with the cardi on page 14 (among a few others).


I spent most of last night listening to all the previous releases of KnitCast. It's actually pretty interesting. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I enjoyed almost all of them. I favor the interviews of people I've heard of, but that is probably just human nature. If you haven't checked it out yet - I think it's worth the time.

Have a great weekend!

7 Comments:

At 9:40 AM, Blogger Jenifer said...

Nice mags! Next time we're all together I hope I can take a peek!

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger Kim said...

New magazines are always fun; especially when they are "international". I always like seeing what people are working on around the world. You must be trucking along on your Rogue(you had the pocket done right?); I started my Rogue yesterday but my gauge is off so I'm off to get bigger needles(7's and 9's--it's crazy). Have a great weekend!

 
At 2:55 PM, Anonymous Stacey said...

I love Phildar patterns...I can't wait to see you knit up that cardigan, I can see why you bought the magazine! It has lots of fun stuff!! Can you bring it on Saturday so I can see it in person:)

 
At 7:43 PM, Blogger Wanda said...

You know how much I love Katia!

 
At 11:48 PM, Anonymous Michelle said...

Hi! I'm just wondering where did you order your Phildar magazine from? Is this the English version? Thanks!

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

I don't normally answer a comment with a comment but blogger isn't being particularly helpful with any other method. I bought my magazine from Knit 'N Tyme (http://www.knitntyme.com/). I did get the English version. I tried to order the French version directly from Phildar but it didn't list the US as a country when I tried to enter my mailing address. I decided not to chance it and just got it later on from Knit N Tyme.

 
At 7:57 PM, Blogger CynCyn said...

how'd i miss this post? more importantly, how come i haven't looked through these mags yet? bring em on Friday?

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home