Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Proof

I thought it was about time to post proof of sock knitting




This was taken before I frogged the heel TWICE because I was doing it wrong. I'm trying the new short row technique Alison describes so well. I get it, but must be letting my mind wander a little too much. No big deal, just need to focus while I do this.

I must say I love the pattern. It seems like it would make a good beginner sock since it really has you focus on the tough parts of sock making.

Thomas has requested a pair of socks similar to these but with a toe (just a big toe) so he can wear them rafting. I'm torn on this request. I'm confident I can make them. But do I really want to provide him with a pair of socks specifically designed to wear with sandals. I know Manolo would say NO!

1 Comments:

At 11:21 PM, Blogger Wanda said...

It's looking like a sock! I'm sure it will turn out well. Keep us posted.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home