Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Crumble

I strained my hands a bit during the trip (I think it was from holding on to the boat too tight) and was trying to ace wrap them while I sleep to keep them from curling up and falling to sleep during the night. But yesterday I decided why use crummy old ace bandages when I could knit something...

Enter Crumble.

It's made out of Rowan Big Wool (I had a ball left over after the Christmas gifts were finished last year) so it knit up really fast. I had to modify the crap out of the pattern but it's an easy enough pattern that it only took a few minutes and a calculator. They are warm and fun. I'm not usually a big fan of the chunky knit but I like these.
So we'll have to give them a thumbs up.

I have two dilema's though. One is that they feel large enough to be boxing gloves...

The second is that Mr. Sittin' has confiscated them. He decided they'd be optimal for him. Plus they are gray... Must be a sign...

When I left home this morning he was field testing them. He had one pulled over his left sleeve and the other tucked under the right and was running around the house to see which way ended up letting in more of a breeze. It was quite entertaining to watch. I'll have to check back with him to see what other sorts of tests were devised (rumors of running through sprinklers were floating when I left for work...) and their outcomes.

I guess I'll have to knit myself another pair... Might have to go with pink so he won't run off with them.

3 Comments:

At 2:00 PM, Blogger Jenifer said...

Nice! You should post your pattern to them. As for the pink ... that doesn't work in my house as then Lia confiscates them. :) But it should work in yours ...

 
At 4:46 PM, Anonymous Leisel said...

LOL... men are so funny! Do let us know what other experiments the fingerless mitts had to endure :)

 
At 6:53 AM, Blogger Wanda said...

I love the boxing glove pose! Michelle the fighter!! I think you should make them in an obviously girly color so Mr. Sittin' will leave them alone. I don't think pink is his color, but knowing him, he might take them anyway!!! hee-hee

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home