Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Little Shopping Spree

Well, this thing definitely won't be finished in a weekend...

I signed up for the Weekend Satchel Knitalong quite a while ago. I ordered the yarn before I signed up but I waited 10 minutes too late and ended up on the list of people waiting for the backordered yarn. (OK. Probably an exaggeration but GOSH). I guess Lopi didn't get a heads up that this bag was going to be such a phenomenon and sold out of the main color. The great news though is that I got all the yarn for it yesterday. Yeah!!





Now that's a lot of yarn. Mr. Sittin' had quite a reaction to the bags I carried in after work yesterday...

Familiar anyone? I thought it was funny.

I also purchased some alpaca for some wrist warmers for myself (since my initial pair was confiscated). This is yummy stuff!

I'll be using the pattern from Last Minute Knitted gifts. Hmmm. Christmas is fast approaching. We'll have to see what can be done here...

I also picked up the new knitting calendar - bout the same as this years. For the price I think it's a great deal. I usually find twice as many patterns I'd make in it compared to a book that costs more. I glanced through it quickly. It seems to have more complicated patterns in it with charts so one pattern covers several days but I'd rather they do that then have every pattern be something simple or silly.

3 Comments:

At 2:48 PM, Blogger Wanda said...

Whoa Nelly, that's a lotta yarn! The bag is so you, you will love it when it's done. I love how the dh looks surprised at all the yarn.

 
At 7:21 AM, Blogger Jenifer said...

That look is priceless! I'll have to remember to get Dave's look of shock at my yarn as well. Have fun with that bag! That bag is so you. Yummmmy ... alpaca .... and I might give the calendar a try again. I found that last year's was a little untidy because the papers got twisted and crammed in the box. That's what I get when I take them all out to read at once, I guess.

 
At 12:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm organizing my yarn purchase tonight! I'm thinking rather than the black do a moss green, and highlight some of the flowers as felted flowers - a 3D effect! So many projects and so little time! (and money) and talent to be honest, but I keep trying!
Nancy

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home