Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Thursday, September 08, 2005

One More Update

I leave for vacation directly after work today. Relaxation and knitting. But no blogging. I promise to post picture when I return. Some should even qualify for the extreme knitting contest. But, as I've got alot to say before I go, I should warn you the following post is pretty long.

Must Have - Really, I Must
So, I thought I was nearly there on my Must Have cardi. After all, I finished the sleeves and they are always the last thing you knit. So why did I have so much yarn left over?


Well, my friend, it is because I never knit the back. It's true. I was in a great deal of distress over not being able to find the back of the sweater that-I-must-have. I found both fronts. I paired them up with both my sleeves. I started gathering the yarn together so I could pick up my little button band. Then I started considering the mass quantity of yarn I had sitting there. I ordered this yarn specifically for this project. And I've heard of sweater patterns calling for a bit more yarn than you really need, but REALLY. There are six skeins in ths bag above. That's a little overboard don't you think?

Then it hits me. That stinkin' light again. DH, on with the shades again. And I realize I was so excited about knitting my first cardigan I started with the front. Progressed right along to the sleeves, and have just now (Labor Day actually) cast on for the back. Guess it'll be a little while before I get to wear this baby.

Rogue - still...

Rogue is making steady progress. She's not up to the armholes just yet, unlike our two speed deamons, but she's getting there.

Sorry for the dark photo. It's hard to get a decent shot of this one. The yarn is a bit dark and if it's cloudy or dark outside it's too dark to get a good pic.

And our lovely kangaroo pocket is finished. You can see a bit more of the color flecks I've mentioned before. I really like them now. I guess I just had to get used to them more than anything else. Want to join us? Feel free!!

Flower Bag
I've finished my flower basket bag. In fact, I'm using it at work today. I didn't do as much as the pattern calls for. At least for now. I really like it as is. I may add some leaves or something later on but I'm sticking with what works for the time being.



Speaking of sticking, I have a small dilema. I used little velcro circles to stick the flowers on. I purchased the sew on kind of velcro. But the dang things have sticky stuff on their backsides. What happens is that when I attempt to sew them onto the bag they get my needle all sticky and it become a real bear to sew with. I've gotten them slightly attached but they need a bit more securing so I don't lose any of the flowers (plus I didn't bother with the fluffy side of the velcro yet, and just have the felted flower directly stuck to the velcro). Any ideas for keeping the sewing needle from getting all gummed up?

4 Comments:

At 10:54 AM, Blogger Wanda said...

Sorry no tips, but enjoy the trip. I can't believe you didn't remember that you didn't make the back!! That is so funny.

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger CynCyn said...

flower basket is SO CUTE!! i want one too... but in a different shape. i know you'll get Must Have done in a jiff... what projects did you decide to take with you? Hope you and Mr. Sittin vacation safely and we can't wait to have you back.

 
At 8:53 AM, Blogger Christina said...

The bag looks great. I've had that project on my "maybe" list for awhile.

I don't know if it will help with the gumminess, but try some soap. Something in my skin makes the finish wear off needles very quickly. My mother told me a hint that if you stick (or what I do pull through) the needle in a bar of soap it will help. It's done wonders when I'm working on quilt projects. It may help protect the needle from the gumminess.

 
At 11:28 AM, Anonymous anmiryam said...

Happy vacation, hope it brings (brought) much relaxation and knitting time.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home