Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Whew

Well, we made it back in one piece. Been cleaning gear since we hit the door. Camping and rafting for a week was great but *Man* a shower never felt so good.

I didn't get a whole lot of knitting done on the trip. I'm not terribly comfortable on the river and found that most of my time was spent holding onto the raft so I wouldn't tip out. Silly me. Knitting on whitewater rapids...

There was a bit of flat water between each rapid and by day three I was comfortable enough (found my sea legs and stuff) to get a little knitting in.



I'm working on my One Skein Wonder here. It's really the only thing that got any attention because after we got off the boats and did chores (like cook dinner and set up camp, etc) it was dark out. Everything else required that I memorize a pattern or chart - though the charts were easy - and I didn't have the energy for anything but plain 'ol stokinette.

This is as far as I got on OSW


I worked on my Amble sock - pattern is from the Six Sox Knitalong - but didn't bring a post it note and found the chart too difficult to work on in a moving vehicle.


So there you have the exciting details of the knitting that went on my adventure. Tommorow I'll have to divert from knitting content and show you pictures of the trip.

4 Comments:

At 3:28 PM, Blogger Jenifer said...

I applaud you for even thinking of knitting on whitewater!! :) I bet it was beautiful.

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger Wanda said...

I can't blame you for not knitting on whitewater rapids!

 
At 11:45 PM, Blogger duchessofgravity said...

knitting in the rivver? you're crazy girl! but it looks like you got a lot done. can't wait to see the trip pictures ;)

 
At 8:45 AM, Anonymous anmiryam said...

Wow, I'm impressed that you knit while rafting at all. I'd be scared my knitting would drown! Looks like fun though.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home