Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Monday, October 10, 2005

Great Weekend

The weekend started off great. The MHCKnitters group met at Fluid Coffee Bar for a bit of knitting. We had some new faces and the usual suspects.


Jen


Amy and Cathi






We had quite a few folks MIA but hopefully not for any bad reasons. This is one of my favorite knitting groups. What better way to start off the weekend?

Saturday was also a good one. It started off kinda crummy with an accounting class (ew) but after that I met with my department chair and I was able to confirm that I will be graduating in December of this year and will be able to take my final class in January (even if he has to offer it to me as an independent study). Yeah!!


Saturday afternoon I went to a Trailer trash themed party that a co-worker was hosting. What a hoot!! Many mullets and lots of "Hey yall, watch this!"

Sunday was spent recovering from the weekend adventures. Luckily I was the designated driver the night before so it wasn't as bad as it could have been. I spent the day working on the cursed slippers. I haven't told you about these? Well that's cause I was trying not to think about them.

I knit a pair of slippers, almost. I got to about 8 rows from finishing the second slipper when I ran out of the solid color of yarn. So I decided to rip them both out and put in a stripe (since I bought the yarn ages ago and already threw out the wrapper so had no idea what color I got nevermind which dye lot). I put a stripe in one of them and decided I didn't really like it. I knit the second one with a different stripe pattern so I could compare them. I decided I didn't like the second stripe more than I didn't like the first. Frogged second slipper (again). Knit with stripe like first. Have a pair. Calling it done. Hope dear friend for whom they are intended loves them.

4 Comments:

At 4:40 PM, Blogger Kim said...

First, thank you for the "pick me up" on Colorado weather--I was really freaking out this morning :) You had a busy weekend! Your trailer trash party reminds me of the "townie" function we used to hold in college--good times, good times. Hopefully I'll see you tomorrow :)

 
At 11:29 PM, Blogger CynCyn said...

i can't wait to see the slippers felted...!! so glad you had a terrific weekend! see you tomorrow?

 
At 8:02 AM, Blogger Jenifer said...

Yay -- sounds like you had a great time! I'm so sorry I missed it ... I wasn't feeling great, and decided at the last minute I'd be better off in bed rather than staying up too late. :( Kristen headed down, but emailed me to say that she got lost! The Boulder contingent will make it next time, for sure ... we're due. Congrats on finishing up in December!!!

 
At 11:07 AM, Anonymous Wanda said...

Whew, you had a busy weekend. The knitting at Fluid looks like fun and that you met more knitters, cool. The trailer trash party was definitely an interesting theme!

Congrats on graduating in December! Woo-hoo!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home