Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Monday, October 24, 2005

HiP hip-hooray

I know my KAL progress is usually out there on Tuesdays but I couldn't resist sharing the photos of my finished HiP. Mr. Sittin' was sweet enough to model it for me (evidence that it turned out nice. I may have to make a second one, I saw that "is this for me?" gleam in his eye when he picked it up...)


I followed Alison's instructions for HiP but decided that instead of weaving in all those ends I'd sew a piece of fabric onto the back. Also because the yarn I used is a bit scratchy. (Did anyone else notice that about the Elan Peruvian wool?) I wanted Harry Potter fabric but the only place I could find it was on EBay for $12/yard. I don't consider myself "cheap" per say, but that's a bit much for some cotton fabric that is getting sew on the back of something else. So, we went with a starry night motif. I busted out the sewing machine and half an hour later I had a lovely scarf.

8 Comments:

At 7:18 PM, Blogger Wanda said...

Yay, the scarf looks great and thanks to Mr. Sittin' for modeling. Such a handsome model, it looks like you'll have to give up that scarf and make a second one for you!

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger Jenifer said...

Yay to you! Love the starry night on the back. Was it easy? And I second Wanda ... Mr. Sittin's a hottie. :)

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger sharon said...

Great looking scarf! I also wanted to thamk you for stopping in Knit&Stash. I will keep working on the header problem thanks for the info
Sharon

 
At 12:16 AM, Blogger CynCyn said...

Tell Mr Sittin HANDS OFF the HiP. It does look nice on him though... and he WAS nice enough to model. (then again, he took the big wool wristlets!) What's up next on the needles?

 
At 10:05 AM, Anonymous anmiryam said...

The scarf looks great and yep, Mr. Knittin' has that look that says, I'm borrowing this one for myself.

 
At 8:00 AM, Blogger alison said...

The scarf looks great! I love the idea of sewing fabric on the back. Very nice and soft, I'm sure. (Hey love your Rogue and Must Have too - they look fabulous!)

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger renee said...

Awesome scarf - and he does look pretty darn happy - you'll have to make another!

 
At 9:51 AM, Anonymous Ina said...

Definitely looks like a is-this-for-me? look. Resistance is futile, you know.

What a great idea to use a fabric backing - the starry night looks great with Gryffindor colors, too.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home