Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Thursday, October 06, 2005

MeMe Thursday

Seems like I never have new knitting news by Thursdays... How about a meme.

Ten years ago: Working at Hospice of Northwest Florida researching claims that insurance companies hadn’t paid. I was also going to school full time for drafting and design. My goal was to become an architect. Two months from this time, however, I made a rash decision to join the Air Force and all plans toward architecture were thrown out. It’s all worked out for the best though.

Five years ago: I had gotten out of the military about a year prior to this. Mr. Sittin’ and I had moved into a cozy 1 bedroom apartment in Greenwood Village, CO. We were saving up for a house. I was riding the dot com boom.

One year ago: I was working for the same company I’m with today but as a technical support engineer in our security services department. I was looking for a way out of this line of work. (Thankfully I found a great one).

Five Snacks:
Popcorn
Cracker barrel cheese
Anything gummi (I LOVE gummi bears)
Almonds
Ruffles Cheddar and Sour Cream potato chips

Five Songs I Know All the Words To:
"Angel" Sarah McLachlan
“Turn Me On” Norah Jones
“I Can Only Imagine” Mercy Me
“Simple Man” Lynyrd Skynyrd
“Sweet Home Alabama” Lynyrd Skynyrd

Five Things I Would Do With $100 Million:
*pay off bills (house included)
*travel the world
*buy an RV with storage in the back for our bikes and kayaks
*pay off my parents’ house
*invest it so I could live off the interest for the rest of my life (does buying Brooks Farm yarn count as an investment?)

Five Places I Would Run Away To:
*Ireland
*Germany
*Belize
*Eagle/Vail
*Italy

Five Things I Would Never Wear:
*boots with fur on them
*knitted shoes (felted clogs don’t count)
*Martha’s poncho
*shiny pants (including vinyl)
*chains, spikes, or anything remotely “punk”

Five Favorite TV Shows:
I don’t watch TV. I like the History channel when I do get around to turning the tube on. I do watch movies almost every night.

Five Biggest Joys:
*Mr. Sittin’
*My sister (she’s so dang smart and sweet)
*My knitting
*My Brooks Farm yarn
*My kitty – even though she likes Mr. Sittin’ better. :D

Five Favorite Toys:
Ball winder and swift – can’t believe it took me so long to get these
Palm pilot
My mp3 player
The built in bookcases in the loft
Movie collection and home theater system

People to pass this onto: Take it if you want it.

3 Comments:

At 11:37 AM, Blogger Jenifer said...

Startitis is in the air for you too I see. :) I never knew you were a fan of cracker barrel cheese ...

 
At 9:52 PM, Anonymous Laura said...

Welcome to The Preemie Project. Please let me know if you need anything or have any questions.

Love your blog! You knit such cute things. I love scarf style and I can't wait to knit something out of it.

 
At 10:50 AM, Anonymous Wanda said...

Hmm, that's a meme I could probably do!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home