Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Tuesdays are for Knitalongs

Rogue - Status hasn't changed since last week unfortunately. Too many things on the needles always means someone will get neglected. She still looks like this.


Must Have Cardigan - I managed to finish up the back and got a nice shot of her all laid out. I'm a bit nervous to seam her and do the button band. I've seen some interesting tips on picking up stitches for button bands that I'm eager to try. I'll let you know how they work for me. I'd love to hear more ideas though so feel free to comment with any you know.







Fall Cables - I was able to finish the first pattern repeat this week.

















6 Sox - Amble - I've finished the fourth repeat on the cuff, turned the heel, and started on the gusset. I can't say I'm crazy about this pattern though I love the sock I'm getting from it. I can't seem to memorize the chart and it's really frustrating. I think I'll end up knitting a different pair of socks in between my first and second of this pair.
Many of you that are part of the Six Sox Knit-a-long know that there is a new pattern out this month. I won't be making that one as it doesn't catch my fancy. Can't wait to see others though.




Another Weasley - You may remember from last weeks post that I was less that thrilled over the colors I picked to make my HiP. All I have to say about that is I Heart Kool-Aid.










Scarf Style - Vintage Velvet is coming along very nicely. I'm 2/5 of the way finished. Sorry about the picture being so dark. I'll have to wait for a nice sunny afternoon to take another one. With the yarn being a deep purple it'll be difficult to show it off on the Internet anyway.


Wrap Style- I got most of my yarn. There were two colors back ordered so I'm waiting until those come in. I'm excited about the colors she did select though and look very forward to starting this.








Weekend Getaway - I still haven't cast on for this. I figure I'm so far behind on this knit a long anyway that I'm not feeling the pressure. Besides I've got the needles I need for this otherwise engaged with a birthday present for a dear friend.

Whew. I need to stop joining so many of these...

6 Comments:

At 12:04 PM, Blogger Wanda said...

Oh, I can't even keep up with all the projects on the needles. So funny. The Must-Have looks very close to being finished. I know you can't wait to wear this one, it's so beautiful.

Love the Vintage Velvet and I want that yarn!!!!! Oh, so soft it's a sin, but it will be a great scarf when done. Yum.

You're making lots of progress. I wasn't too sure about the mosaic socks, but they are starting to grow on me. I think because I want to do some mosaic or slip-stitch knitting, I like the idea of doing it in a sock first, but I suppose it's not that difficult to do anyway.

 
At 2:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You and me both, girl ... I join them like there's no tomorrow. Jenifer :)

 
At 2:27 PM, Anonymous Leisel said...

Glad to hear I wasn't the only one underwhelmed by the current sock in the Six Sox KAL. The only thing I find interesting is that I don't think I've encountered that heel treatment before (not sure if I like it, either, and not sure when I'd bother to try it to find out). It didn't look to bad on the group's main page, but the picture that was shown in the pdf file is downright ugly.

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger Kim said...

I love that "must have" it looks like so much fun to knit!! My Rogue hasn't gotten much attention lately either, but I'll be dragging it out this week. I like the way your "amble" is turning out. I agree with Leisel--the picture included with pattern for the next SixSox Sock is nasty--it definitely didn't make me want to knit it--I'll have to wait and check on some progress pics. Happy knitting!

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Sheesh, I forgot to add that I want more info on what you were doing with the Kool Aid--colors used/packs used/etc. :)

 
At 11:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I adore my Must Have, but I bailed on the button band, added an I-cord edging and paid a seamstress to install a zipper. It's fab!
Leslie
www.nakeidknits.com

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home