Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Tuesdays are for Knitalongs

Almost had to make Wednesday for knitalongs this week... Whew. Been a crazy one already.

Let's see...
I did get some work on some of the items I've pushed aside. That is a bit exciting (probably more for me than for you but I'll pretend you are as overjoyed as I am about these. *wink*)

Rogue - I finally picked her back up. Not only that but I finished the back of the sweater (then I put her down again. Ha.)

Vanna here is streching out the cables for your viewing pleasure. I love how this looks in a tweedy yarn but I'm afraid the cabling doesn't seem to be showing up very well in the one I picked. I'm sure its the lighting. Or something I can blame elsewhere.

6 Sox - I FINALLY finished my first sock from the Amble pattern. It's a lovely sock and I really like wearing it. I went to my LYS today for some very long Addi Turbos to see if I like them any better. I was having a tough time with the DPNs I have (they kept poking me in the palms) and the bamboo needles I tried after that were lovely but the yarn just didn't want to slide around on them. I found myself constantly fighting it to get through a round. Very frustrating. Anyway. Second sock has been cast on for this evening in an effort to prevent SSS.

Another Weasley - Last but not least I'm nearly finished with HiP. I LOVE this pattern. So easy and cute. It's curling like crazy but I don't mind. I bought some fabric today that I plan to sew onto the backside of it once I'm finished and it's blocked out. I couldn't find any Harry Potter fabric I liked. Or at least any that wasn't touted as *RARE* on eBay and thus priced like it was spun from gold. ok. egsagerating a bit. I got some with a navy background and white stars. Should be cute. Also, it will save me from weaving in all those ends. Yes. That is the real reason for the fabric backing.


Don't you love the circular needles in there? What a fashion statement. I think it'll be the new pink.

4 Comments:

At 8:13 AM, Blogger Jenifer said...

Great projects, Michelle! I think my yarn choice for Rogue is too tweedy, as well, but maybe it'll just lend that whole "rogue" look to it. Your scarf is gonna be great. How are you sewing the back on? Machine?

 
At 11:35 AM, Anonymous Wanda said...

Great progress on all your knitalongs. The Weasley scarf is very cute and I don't blame you for adding fabric so you don't have to weave in all those ends. Besides, it will help with all the curling. Congrats on finishing the back.
Amble looks very nice. Definitely do cast on so the second sock doesn't languish!

 
At 2:59 PM, Anonymous anmiryam said...

I love the weekly updates. And despite having my own laundry list of WIPs, I'm searching for the perfect Weasley project. I've gotta have the outfit for the movie.

 
At 9:40 PM, Blogger CynCyn said...

love the needles on your scarf. adds a certain je ne sais quoi.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home