Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Endless Rib

The Ribby Cardi is moving along quickly. I finished up the right front this weekend and have gotten pretty far on both sleeves



I love this color. I hate the rib. Ok. I don't hate it but it feels endless. I am glad to be doing both sleeves at once though. I just like that once I take them off the needles I know there is nothing left.

Homework is going nicely too. For my Creative Leadership class I had to create a container for my journal - using creativity. I decided that my journal would be kept on blank note cards (one per day) and each week is tied together with a ribbon. The weekly summary will be written on the ribbon. These notes will be put into a felted mailbox.

Instead of knitting the front and back to fit I opted to make squares and cut them to fit. I still need to shave them (any of the heathered colors in Lambs Pride are seriously fuzzy when they are felted) and put it all together. I also have some red to make the little flag on the side of the box. Once it's felted I'll show you the "U.S. Mail" on the front and back peice. It's too fuzzy to see it right now.

3 Comments:

At 7:19 PM, Blogger handknit168 said...

first time to read yr blog, Just to say Hi.

My Blog
My on-line shop

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger Jenifer said...

Cute container there! And I really want to start a ribby cardi too, but after my turtleneck shrug I don't know if I can handle any more ribbing for a while. It gets tiresome, huh? Love the color there.

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger Bookish Wendy said...

What a great idea! The notecard would work a lot better for me. I am so indimidated by the millions of blank pages in a normal journal.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home