Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Monday, November 28, 2005

Quick and Painless

I decided it was time to retire the idea that I will ever pick up some of the items I've been working on. They were started with good intentions but the infatuation was over quickly. I promise their demise was quick and painless.

The Cabled Shrug


It is a beautiful but very complex pattern. Could I have continued? Sure. I just wasn't feeling the love and decided that I should love the things I plan to spend that much time with.

NBaT

I love this pattern and will most likely make one this spring. I love Calmer and will take nearly any excuse to use it. I just wasn't digging this color for the main part of my T and found another pattern that I think will look awsome with this yarn. NBaT dies today but should rise again.

My Must Have is threatening a slight nervous breakdown. Someone posted on my blog ages ago about the sleeves not fitting correctly. "Not mine" I convinced myself (silly silly woman that I am) and have come to learn exactly what my angel was trying to point out. They don't flippin fit. I decided that I'd rather modify the sleeves than the front and back of the cardigan. I thought about shortening that but then the overall cardigan will be shorter and it's already a pretty short cardi. I'll be brining this puppy to the next knitting group for some serious pattern modification assistance.

The holidays were great. I got to spend it with my DH, so aside from his standard silliness it was a great, quiet weekend. I also managed a few knit nights with the local grrls.













Hope you had fun too!

3 Comments:

At 12:24 PM, Blogger CynCyn said...

So...down to 14 now!! I think I should give up on a few of my projects too. when IS the next knit night?

 
At 12:56 PM, Blogger Jenifer said...

Fun, fun! You're so good to retire projects ... I think I need to do the same. No project needs to be on the needles more than a year, correct??

 
At 5:16 PM, Anonymous Donyale said...

I am liking those chairs!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home