Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Still here

I'm still around and I've even been knitting. Apparently I haven't been taking any pictures of that knitting (something I didn't notice until I was sitting here at work wondering what to show you). Sigh.

I had a lovely weekend. I was able to spend some time with the grrls at Stacey's for a Harry Potter movie-thon.

I need ideas for my International Scarf Exchange. Something fun but not too intense and it has to be a scarf. Ha. I own Scarf Style and don't mind the idea of something from it since it's such a fabulous book, but I'd like to ensure I've covered all the options since I know there are some seriously cool ideas out there. Any suggestions??

6 Comments:

At 4:28 PM, Anonymous Stacey said...

Well, I would suggest another Vintage Velvet scarf...but only if your pal was me! :) I'm still pondering what to make for my pal too?! I'm determined not to make it at the last minute!!

 
At 12:10 AM, Anonymous Leisel said...

What type of pattern are you looking for? Cables (or other nice texture)? Lace? Solid? Variegated? Give me a direction, and I'll send you a bunch of links you can look through.

 
At 1:22 AM, Blogger CynCyn said...

we better have a brainstorming moment together, b/c i'd like some ideas too. who's got the best knitting library out of all of us? we need to camp out there for a day and pour through the patterns!

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger Cathi said...

Maybe the Irish Hiking Scarf? Or Grumperina has a new pattern on her site that's free and very similar to it...

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger Jenifer said...

Wow, I'm so jealous over that vintage velvet. I'm going to have to scheme my way into one some day. :) Yours is gorgeous -- perfect choice of color. After that, scarves are rather anticlimactic ... my only suggestion is that scarf at magknits: http://www.magknits.com/warm05/patterns/rib.htm (this is the one that I somehow convinced myself last year that you'd already made, so you might as well go ahead and make one. :)

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger Wanda said...

Sorry I don't have any suggestions there, but you might want to check out one of those stitch pattern books and just incorporate a stitch pattern into a scarf? Just a thought. Also, MJ of Yummy Yarn has a pattern that's an elm leaf, could be solid or variegated. Check my links for her page, I can't remember the exact link right now.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home