Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

T4KAL

Been knitting away but haven't taken any photos so I haven't bothered to share till today. I know I tend to skip over the photo-less entries so why post one myself. ;D

I spent a fun evening with my pals looking through pattern books trying to pick just the right thing for my secret scarf exchange pal. I picked out something I thought would be lovely. It will be made from these two very lovely yarns held together.



We have Knit Picks Shadow (very lovely) lace weight wool and some Cherry Tree Hill Supersock yarn in the Earth colorway. Yum. I'm really enjoying knitting with these. Hope my pal does too but who can really resist the Cherry Tree Hill.

We also have the Fair Isle Jazz scarf from Scarf Style

I'm using Mission Falls 1824 Wool for this (what a lovely yarn, pity they are closing their doors) and am finished with the striped lining. I started the fair isle bit today at lunch. I hope it turns out well. I'm sure it'll be fine but I'm nervous about doing fair isle on an item that is knit flat (which means I'll have to work fair isle on the purl side of my work). I can't do it two handed but I think it's turning out nicely anyway. I love the colors too. The teal that is shown in the larger stripe above will be the color of the cabled area.

2 Comments:

At 7:07 PM, Blogger CynCyn said...

how come we don't get an updated pic of the fair isle jazz scarf? i want to see the colorwork!! and, before i decide i have enough wool to join you in the craziness... what's your plan for how to deal with the ends?

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger Wanda said...

I don't remember what this scarf looks like, but I think I will have to look it up in the book now. I love the colors of the jazz scarf and tell Cynthia to not start another project!!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home