Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Friday, November 18, 2005

TGIF

Wow. I haven't been this happy to see a Friday in at least a week. Ha.

Actually, this Friday is better than the average Friday because I get to hang out with some of my grrls tonight. I can't wait.
Beginning with a brainstorming session over what scarf to make for our International Scarf Exchange pals and then migrating to the home of a lovely and talented lady for an evening of eating, socializing, and maybe a bit of knitting. What could be better really?

This scarf exchange is so exciting. I have over a dozen books in my car for us to browse. I also have a bunch of ideas printed out from a variety of blogs (thanks for all those great recommendations Leisel!)

I think Denver is inordinantly lucky with the number of knitting shops we have, but we also have a ton of great knitting groups. Anyone new to the area really should check out a few of them (I'm only listing the ones I have attended/am a member of and can vouch for. There are tons more): MHCKnitters, DenverKnits, The Knitty Cats and LittletonKnittingMeetup

This weekend should be fun too. I signed up for a class at my LYS back in July and have been looking foward to it for what feels like years. It's for the Lace and Ruffle Cardigan from the Adrienne Vittadini Spring 2005 collection. I bought the yarn it calls for (for her line of yarns - it actually very reasonablly priced) in a beautiful coral pink. I'm really happy that I'm taking the class because from what the LYS owner tells me the pattern leaves most of the detail out of the pattern in the "following pattern, increase over x rows" style we all love. I saw the notes the shop owner took and man am I glad that is part of what she's handing out in class. Whoo hoo!

Hope everyone has a great weekend too!

5 Comments:

At 12:29 PM, Blogger Brianne said...

You are so lucky to have so many people around you to help feed your addiction... er, I mean, spend time with while knitting! I think that looking through and picking out patterns is almost as fun as the knitting. (I did say almost.

 
At 12:44 PM, Anonymous Joanne said...

That sweater will look great on you! I'll be watching your progress.

 
At 12:24 AM, Blogger CynCyn said...

it was awesome, as usual, to hang out. and knit some. thanks for letting me borrow some books!! i'm off all next week!!! woo hoo! so, anytime u want to hang, gimme a ring.

 
At 9:46 AM, Anonymous AmyB said...

I'm so glad you came last night, Michelle! I want to hear more about the Adrienne Vittadini sweater... I have lusted after her yarns and patterns for years, but have yet to tackle a project. Hope it won't be so long before we get to visit again... (would you please email me your snail-mailing address, too?)

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger Wanda said...

That lace and ruffle cardigan by AV is so gorgeous and I love the color you have picked out for it. It will look great on you. Have fun with it.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home