Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Vittadini

Not only do I think Adrienne Vittadini is a talented designer, but her name is really fun to say. Go on, give it a try. See?

I started my Ruffle Lace Cardigan Saturday. I love this sweater. I am very glad to have taken the class though because the teacher has already completed hers so not only do I know this is possible, but she worked through all the quirks and provided us with a great little cheat sheet so we don't have to repeat the pain.

As with most pinks and reds this photo isn't all that true to the color but it shows the pattern pretty well. My only concern is that I'm about a half a stitch off (4.5 instead of 4) from the gauge. I only lose about 2" in the back. I worry that if I go up a needle size I'll end up too big.

What would you do in this instance? I'm not that far along that frogging would make me cry, but I'd rather not if there are some creative suggestions for alternative action...

Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

4 Comments:

At 12:04 PM, Blogger CynCyn said...

seeing as you always make your stuff bigger than you need to... i think that since it's going to be so lacey, won't u be wearing a tight tank/camisole underneath? and maybe it being smaller than expected will be a good thing.

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger Wanda said...

I agree with cynthia, also mainly because I don't have any other suggestions either. Sorry.
Happy Turkey Day!

 
At 7:42 PM, Blogger Jenifer said...

Happy thanksgiving to you! Can't wait to see this unfold!

 
At 12:23 PM, Anonymous Joanne said...

You're right... Vittadini is fun to say!
I haven't knitted any of her designs yet... but it's on my list of must-makes for the future. She's very classy. Good to see you on Friday. Borders Saturday?

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home