Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Daddy's Girl

Dad's scarf is coming along nicely. If I can keep up the pace it'll be done before he gets here, which will be nice. I prefer to surprise him with it.


It's working much faster now that I've got better control of the tension. The herringbone stitch is really simple in concept but if you knit it too tightly it's a serious pain in the... hands. ;D

If you are interested, the scarf pattern is seriously simple.

Daddy's Girl Scarf
Using a DK weight yarn and size 13 needles.
Cast on 33 sts.
1: K2tog through back loop (tbl), slip only one st off the needle, *k2tog tbl(this will include one st that was in your previous k2tog tbl), slip one st off the needle, rep from * until there is 1 st left on your needle, k tbl.
2: p2tog, slip only one st off the needle, *p2tog (this will include one st that was in your previous p2tog), slip one st off the needle, rep from * until there is 1 st left on your needle, p.

3 Comments:

At 11:49 AM, Anonymous Bookish Wendy said...

I knit my Dad a scarf for Christmas last year. It was awesome. Awesome to knit it and think of him and awesome because he absolutely loved it. I can't wait for you to give it to him!

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger CynCyn said...

i love the pattern. yet another scarf pattern to add to my long LONG list.

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger Wanda said...

The scarf looks so nice. The herringbone stitch looks awesome. Something else I'm going to have to try soon. I'm sure your dad will love it!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home