Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Thursday, December 29, 2005

I think it may be an addiction

OK. Apparently it's time for me to confess about the SEX going on around here lately. I was going to wait until my Knit Picks order arrived for the full effect of this insanity to be revealed but I guess it'll get its own post when the day arrives.

First stop was Knitty Cat for the only sale I ever remember them having. I was good (but I was also in a hurry because DH came along to pay the tab - gotta love that!)

Berroco Suede for that fab new free bag pattern they have out

and Lornas Laces Shepard Sport (DH needs a new SUPERWASH hat - he's lucky I like him so much).
Not too bad really considering how many wonderful things were on sale.



Next stop was String. Another lovely store with far too many yarns I want. I managed to escape with only the following.


Still doing ok. We have (from left to right) Koigu in red and green. I'd say Christmas socks but it'd be a lie. Next, Rowan Felted Tweed for Backyard leaves. Blue Sky Alpaca and Silk for those beautiful gloves in Handknit Holidays, and finally Rowan Kid Classic and Lurex Shimmer for the ruffle scarf also in Handknit Holidays.

Next stop - Colorful Yarns. Who can resist their sales? I mean really??
10 skeins of a gorgeous navy blue (on my screen these look purple but trust me on this one) Cascade 220 for the Not-So-Warm version of the Einstein coat for my Mom, some Cascade 220 for new slippers for DH, and some Southwest Trading Company bamboo for a clapotis for me. The ones in my stash already will be a clapotis for my sister so I had to replace them, right?

And the final journey was to the online temptress Knit Picks. While it wasn't the most expensive visit I made, it has definitely made the largest stash impact. I don't think I have any yarn in my jacket sleeves yet. This may be the time to test that storage technique....
These four constitute the bulk of my order. I had my sister pick out an afghan pattern she liked while she was visiting because I want to make her one as a wedding gift. She picked the Big and Cozy one from 100 More Afghan Squares to Knit (love this book by the way) so I ordered a total of 70 skeins of these four yarns to make the afghan with.
I have been searching for quite some time for the perfect sweater to make DH. While I know it is insane for me to associate love with knitting (referencing Franklin's essay in the last Cast On podcast, a must listen if you haven't already) I want to anyway. I finally found it in the Queensland Collection Book 2 and decided to use these three colors. It's a simple striped pullover.
Um. Matching socks for the DH sweater? Sure...

10 Comments:

At 4:07 PM, Blogger Kim said...

That is a lot of yarn--you'll need a three month freeze to make more room for new stuff :) That blanket in the post below is adorable; I think I have the book it came from--is it Vogue Knitting on the Go(one of the baby blanket ones)?

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger Chris said...

I'm swooning in envy!

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger Jenifer said...

*so glad* that you revealed it all! :) Yay to you ... you deserve a good stash along now.

 
At 7:56 PM, Blogger Jenifer said...

PS ... just where do you store that anyways? And just how does Mr. Sittin feel about all the SEX? Just curious. :)

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger Jenifer said...

I feel like such a dork because I keep reading your post over and over to see if I missed something ... but that's a lot of yarn to take in! So, Mr Sittin paid the tab at knitty cat, huh? Wow, that's quite a guy. But I'm sure you know that already. Hope to see you Sat!

 
At 11:15 PM, Blogger CynCyn said...

you going to wait to show everyone today's SEX? you're way too honest. i'm avoiding blogging so I can avoid the shame shame shame. I'm addicted to SEX.

 
At 12:00 AM, Blogger Wanda said...

Wow, you really are hanging it all out there! That's a lot of yarn. I guess you are getting it all bought before the 3 month freeze!

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger Cathi said...

I wish you had told me in advance that you were going to get the Suede, I would have given you the stuff I have in my stash...I like what you picked, you're going to be a busy lady!

 
At 1:40 PM, Anonymous Joanne said...

You floozy.... such an addiction to SEX!!!! I hope you'll be bringing it to Borders for show and tell. You'll have to let us know how you like knitting with the Suede. It's been calling me for quite some time, but so far I've resisted.

I'm finally going to have a chance this afternoon to read over the RSS material you sent me. Thanks!

See you tomorrow.

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Hey Michelle - re: Bamboozelle... Thanks! And hopefully you read the tidbit about the 2nd row of the stitch pattern not working right?

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home