Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Stash Busters

I don't know if you've seen this one yet but I'm definitely in on this one.



I've done more than my share of stash enhancement over the last few years (even more since I talked to Kim about doing something like this - see rule #2). I currently have what could be considered a ridiculous amount of stash. Most of this stash has an actual purpose that it was purchased for. Off the top of my head there are at least 5 sweaters/cardigans, 2 afghans, 2-3 baby blankets, 1 billion socks (ok, not that many).

It's really sad that I can open drawers full of yarn and say "Oh yeah! I forgot I bought that!" so some documentation is in order. Plus the guilt of writing down all the stuff I have should be quite motivational. I was thinking of posting updates from time to time, but I don't read very long posts and don't expect anyone else to. So I'm thinking a flickr grouping like this one might be where it's at.

Anyone else in? Stop by Kim's place and sign up.

3 Comments:

At 10:55 AM, Blogger Kim said...

Thanks for spreading the word :) I really think this will be fun; especially since I, like you, have a bunch of stuff earmarked for specific things but I haven't looked at any of it in a while so it all seems new.

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger Jenifer said...

I was thinking of starting a separate blog called "Jen's stash" just so I could group stuff together, have links on the left to the different entries used or not used yet, etc. Of course, I could probably knit up my stash in the time it took to do this! :) I'm having a Year of the Stash as well.

 
At 10:48 PM, Blogger Marji said...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/38923480@N00/sets/1255764/
when you start to feel like you have too much, you can click this link - and that's not even all of it.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home