Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Weekend News

This past weekend was filled with so much goodness and fun I'm going to have to cover each day individually or the post will get too long.

Friday I ditched work a little early to get the Christmas shopping done before my folks come into town. Living in Denver has the added advantage of the Denver Mint Gift Shop where I know I can find something for my coin collecting Dad. We went through a tour of the mint one year when they came out to visit. It's pretty neat to see how money is made. It would have been better if they provided a "sample" as a thank you gift, but what can you do... The building is really old and had a lot of historical points of interest, not to mention they were making money in the other room. My kind of place.

After the mint I went over to Ceramics in the City, where Cyn and I went a week ago to paint a couple of bowls. I needed the bowl for class last Tuesday for a Creative Piece presentation (which thankfully my professor gave me an extension on since the bowl wasn't actually ready until Friday, so I'll be presenting tonight). It's a cute little store and I had fun trying something new. And on top of it all, I have this fab new bowl to display yarn in now.


Click here if you'd like to see more pictures of the new bowl.
Following the bowl gathering I met up with some of the local girls for Cynthia and Cathi's combo birthday party. Much coffee and laughing were had by all. Comparison of chibi sizes (size does matter as you know), debates over the value of the color pink, and the latest tote/hand bag that Stacey found were main topics of discussion. We all tuckered out fairly early (relative statement...) but it was bunches of fun.

4 Comments:

At 2:22 PM, Blogger Wanda said...

I'm so sorry I missed Friday night. It sounds like you had a great weekend!

 
At 10:21 PM, Blogger CynCyn said...

the bowl holds a veritable super sized ice cream sundae... of YARN! love it...

 
At 2:04 PM, Anonymous AmyB said...

What a beautiful bowl! Love it!

 
At 10:30 PM, Anonymous coin stores said...

Hi there
I was blogging around and came across this one. You have a fine and dandy page here

Thanks for the great reading
kennedy halves

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home