Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Monday, January 16, 2006

Jazz it Up

There are a few of us local girls that are all working on a Fair Isle Jazz scarf from Scarf Style. We decided it would be a hoot to hang out and work on it, particularly the fair isle bit as a few people had never tried that technique.

So Sunday we gathered. Everyone had finished the stripe section before they arrived. Quick aside: As a note to anyone wanting to make this scarf, there is a stripe section which you can't see anywhere in any picture in that book. It acts as a backing to your fair isle section. It's nice to know I neither have to sew in any ends or worry about the fair isle snagging on anything. Back to the gathering... Everyone got started on their fair isle, in fact I think Cyn was almost caught up with me by the time we un-gathered.


Click for big

I love how different the same scarf can look just by changing up some colors. They are all going to look just fab! Betcha can't guess who's is who's. Heehee.

I'll give you one clue. This one is mine. I wish I could claim that I knit so fast that I did all that yesterday. But I'd be struck by lightening for fibbing if I tried it though. I started my scarf ages ago. I'm on my third attempt with the cable section right now. Problems that are a cross of not paying enough attention and strange droopy bobble issues have hindered progress. Droopy bobbles are not a pretty sight folks.

4 Comments:

At 2:45 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Hee hee. Saggy, flacid bobbles. Blech!

How fun, seeing the different colors!!

 
At 3:34 PM, Anonymous Jeni said...

I suppose it would be unfair for me to guess, since I have seen at least 2 of them prior to the picture. They look great!

 
At 6:25 AM, Anonymous Wanda said...

I could hazard a guess but since mine is one of those pictured, I guess I won't identify mine! This scarf is surely addictive.

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger Jenifer said...

Oh, that's so much fun to see them all together! :)

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home