Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

On Target

We are on track and on target for Operation Big & Cozy. This bugger is going to be HUGE. I finished up the first row of 7 squares on the 15th of this month.

Four of them look like this (you can see a bit of a DVD for a size reference)

Two look like this
And the one in the middle looks like this bad boy
The biggest problem with doing all seven of these squares (thus far) has been the giant knot I end up with as I progress. Thankfully I showed this gnarled mess to a pure genius and she helped me wind the two colors I'm using together into a single ball. Something so obvious I'm still blushing that I didn't think of it. It's helped dramatically. The next challenge... how to deal with the weight of this bugger. It's ok for now but it's pretty heavy for only having one set of squares done. It's going to get pretty bad by the time I finish.

8 Comments:

At 2:40 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Hee hee - I just had this image of poor Michelle, trapped under the afghan, arm poked out and waving "over here, someone, over here!"

Lookin' good!

 
At 9:40 PM, Blogger CynCyn said...

i hope your sister knows how much you love her, in order to deal with this huge behemoth! glad I could be of help!

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger Leisel said...

I'm using two shades of purple in my FLower Basket Shawl, and I wound those together...

But your post gave me another bright (I think... I might be completely wrong) idea, though... I have never considered doing two socks on two circs, because I tried that with the sleeves and fronts of my Ribby Cardi, and just HATED how I always ended up with the skeins twisted around each other, and having to fix that. I'm wondering if winding the two skeins together for the two socks (or sleeves or whatever) would work to make it easier to deal with.

 
At 3:31 PM, Blogger ttbookjunkie said...

Oh my gosh that looks like it is going to be so comfy!

Amanda

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger Cathi said...

I so need to get moving on my afghan...I think we need to finish around the same time, do you wanna race?

I haven't even started, so you have a huge advantage.

 
At 11:26 PM, Blogger Kimberli said...

It's looking good! Cheers!

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger Kim said...

wow--you're getting that done pretty quickly! Just passing through on weekly Stashalong patrol--I'm trying to get all my surfing done before the big game :) Hopefully, I'll see you Friday at TC--Happy knitting!

 
At 11:16 PM, Blogger Jenifer said...

So, what's the big news? :)

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home