Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Out of the Blue

Quite a few people at work know I'm into knitting (but don't really get "why" - pity the poor non-knitters) and know I spend most of my free time knitting, talking about knitting, or hanging out with knitting friends. A week or two ago my boss asked me about the local knitting shops because a friend of his wife was interested in learning to knit. I told him about the many shops in this area and gave a couple of ideas for his friend. Little did I know he had ulterior motives.

Yesterday my boss handed me a congratulatory card for graduating last month. Inside the card was a gift certificate to one of my favorite LYS. How cool is that?!! No, I haven't spent it yet. ;D

12 Comments:

At 8:35 AM, Blogger duchessofgravity said...

that is so neat! how sneaky but sweet! congrats! :)

 
At 8:39 AM, Blogger Chris said...

Very, very cool! What a thoughtful gift.

 
At 8:50 AM, Anonymous Jeni said...

That's awesome, can you technically spend it since it is not your money?

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger Kim said...

Cool! You can definitely spend it on yarn or whatever--since it was a gift(I mean a gift certificate to a yarn shop is just plastic waiting to see what yarn it is to become, right?)

 
At 9:38 AM, Blogger Scoutj said...

NICE!

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger Jenifer said...

Wow, I'm so impressed. That's incredibly thoughtful!!

 
At 12:36 PM, Anonymous michaele said...

What a devious, clever boss you have!

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger Cathi said...

Very cool- which shop? And why haven't you spent it yet?

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

What? You like to knit? Incredible . . .

That's awesome! What a great boss.

 
At 9:01 PM, Anonymous Wanda said...

That's way cool! What a great boss and a good way to keep his employees happy!

 
At 12:08 AM, Blogger CynCyn said...

a thoughtful boss... who knew they existed? I can't believe you can wait to go spend it.

 
At 8:09 AM, Blogger Lynette said...

how nice of him to do that? slick guy. ;)

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home