Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Resolutions

Happy New Year all!! I've made a few minor resolutions (and one major one) for this upcoming year and thought I'd share. Why, I'm not certain as it will only arm you with lots of ammunition in the upcoming year to tease me when I don't succeed with them. You'll keep me honest I'm sure.

*Make an afghan for my sister as a wedding gift. I already have the yarn due to the hugemongus order from Knit Picks which conveniently arrived yesterday so I can show you a picture of it now -


I cast on for this puppy this morning so I feel pretty confident I'll be able to finish by May.

*Make a fair isle sweater. I picked the philosophers wool Killum jacket and thanks to a couple of local KALs also feel fairly confident I'll get this finished this year. I intend on having the first sleeve done by the end of this month. I got the kit as a gift from my DH for Christmas


and spent most of the morning winding everything into balls. I intend on casting on this evening.

*Get my WIP list down to no duplicate projects (only one scarf, one sweater, one hat, etc). I don't care too much if it's long but I don't want three scarves going at once or anything.

*Start being more conscious of the knitting patterns I already own. I have a lot of yarn bought for a lot of projects. All of these are in pattern books I already own and I feel the need to make them. Also, I want to be more conscious of making at least one project from each of the knitting books I already own. This is more of an ongoing "change" than something I expect to finish this year.

*And the biggie - No buying yarn all year, with the exception of Estes Park Wool Festival purchases. I joined the Stash Along and think that working in three month intervals will make it easier, as will the fact that many of my local enablers are joining along too. After March there are only a couple of us that will still be abstaining. This one will be my toughest but I think the most worthwhile. I have finished the photo documentation of the full stash and hope to slowly start moving those photos out of that set as they become FOs.

Can't wait to see everyone's plans for this year. It's going to be a good one. I can tell already.

8 Comments:

At 4:08 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Being more conscious of the knitting patterns you already own is a great resolution. I need to do that, too. All those books, patterns, and knitting magazines - gotta use 'em or there's no point.

See you at the Stashalong!

 
At 8:50 PM, Blogger Wanda said...

Wow the Knit Picks stuff came quick! And you're already casting on for it and for the Kilim jacket? Uh-oh, how many projects is that on the needles?

 
At 12:21 AM, Blogger CynCyn said...

did Mr. Pink's sweater yarn come too? I think the wedding afghan will be enough to keep you busy for the next three months! can't wait to see it.

 
At 1:18 AM, Anonymous Joanne said...

If you want some more fun programs to listen to (on the computer) about knitting, go to:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/
Type "knitting" in the search box at the top, right hand side.

 
At 2:37 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Just passing through on my weekly Stashalong check--man, you have a LOT of yarn there :)

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger Jenifer said...

Hey Michelle ... nice loot of WotA! Good luck on the stashalong ... you can do it! And I agree, 2006 is gonna be a good one. It was great seeing you this week, and THANKS SO MUCH for bringing the VV. :)

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger Stacey said...

Wow! I just watched your stash slideshow...and you have some great stuff!! I didn't remember that you had that Poetry kit?! You should start yours when I restart mine...I'm determined to make that one this year!! It was fun hanging out with you over New Year's...that was the perfect way to ring in the year...knitting with friend!!!

 
At 5:43 AM, Blogger Brandi said...

How does one get such a big stash? That's quite an investment. I must be amateur! Does everyone have a stash like this? I'd be embarassed to even mention how little I own. Good for you!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home