Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Friday, February 10, 2006

Big & Cozy Update

I've been plugging away at the Big and Cozy afghan. I must say it's getting pretty Big and Cozy to knit on too. It's large enough to cover my lap while I knit (a serious bonus on day's like today - the high's only in the 20's - brrrr). Here's a progress shot with the second set of blocks completed. I started the third already but there isn't enough to bother with a photo.


Just on the second set of blocks there are two of these:

Two of these

Two of these
And one of these
It's pretty fun to get to the next set of blocks to see how it will all come together. One big complaint I've heard about this pattern book is that there is no good picture of the whole afghan. I'm starting to see why. This bugger's going to be too big to get a good shot of. I'll do my best though.
Everyone ready for the Olympics to begin tonight? I've had a great deal of fun reading all the posts out there about plans for the knitting Olympics. Though I'm not joining the fun, I'll really enjoy seeing how it all turns out. Good luck to everyone!

6 Comments:

At 5:01 PM, Blogger Chris said...

It looks wonderful to be snuggled under!

 
At 7:42 AM, Anonymous michaele said...

good thing you're knitting it in February - but this probably means you'd better finish it before the weather warms up! It's looking great!

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger Wanda said...

It does look very cozy! Pretty big too. I like the stitch patterns and designs in the afghan.

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger duchessofgravity said...

looking great! you're really cranking on that thing!

 
At 8:55 PM, Blogger ttbookjunkie said...

Oh that does look comfy! It is coming out great!!

Amanda :)

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger Kim said...

I'm not sure I have the patience for a large afghan--baby blankets just about do me in :) Just passing through on Stashalong patrol--have a great week!!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home