Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Fallen from Grace

I finally got the camera out to show you what I bought on our "day off" from the stash-a-long.

Some gorgeous Araucania Nature Wool in a worsted weight (perfect for a Cozy)

Two skeins of sock yarn (really, what is my deal with sock yarn?), a really cute orange poppy button, and black purse handles.

Had I stopped there I'd be ok but no. I got my annual bonus from work on Friday. Bonus money. Meaning, not-budgeted-for-anything-else-money. Still could have been ok but I stopped into one of the LYS before a knit group and found a bag of Noro Kureon that was screaming at me. I hugged it for a while and walked around with it. I decided to be strong and walk away. The problem really came in when I went back to the LYS the next day and bought it. I'm weak. What else can I say? I did decide that if I was getting kicked off the stash-along I was going with a bang so I got a few more things. We'll start with the Noro as it's the main culprit.

Isn't it pretty!?

This is a new yarn I hadn't seen before but looks like a great deal of fun. It's Nashua Wooly Stripe (100% wool) and I think it'll look great as the scarf Leisel just made for the ISE.

Some yarn for my soon-to-be brother-in-law for a hat. It's Cascade 220 Superwash. Hooray for superwash.

And finally some Cascade 220 to make a bag out of this new book. The poppy button goes perfectly with the orange yarn. I don't know that I'll actually use the orange but I picked some up just in case I wanted to do some detail work on the bag to tie in the button.

I stash-along no more but I'll still be cheering for those that are. Good luck!

8 Comments:

At 12:17 PM, Blogger Wanda said...

Hey, you made it 7 weeks! That's better than nothin, right?! ;-) I knew that bag of Noro would do you in. It is a pretty color. I love the colors of Cascade you picked out too. Not sure what bag you want to make, but the orange looks great with it, you should use it! That was some pretty Araucania yarn too. Sock yarn is so mysterious, always taunting you. I guess you should go cast on!

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger Jenifer said...

GOod for you for making it so long! And I so would have cracked for the Kureyon, too. :)

 
At 6:15 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Heh, Stashalong is starting to sound like Survivor! Who will be left at the end...

Lovely stuff you got at least! I think I bought the same Trekking (100?) on the free day.

 
At 7:38 PM, Anonymous Leisel said...

So, have you cast on for the snake scarf yet?

Come on... it's only one stitch... just a slip knot, really, and then you're on your way.

And really, it'll only take a few minutes to get that initial section done, it doesn't take long. Just that little bit... it won't hardly interrupt your other knitting at all. Just a little diversion, and then you'll feel all refreshed and ready to get back to that other project you're feeling just a little burned out over. In the end, it'll actually HELP you get the other one done.

And besides, I... um... I mean you... really want to see how that striping knits up into this pattern. I am... I mean you are... just dying to see that. So, just a little bit to get started.

 
At 8:43 AM, Blogger Kim said...

Michelle, Michelle, Michelle(shakes head)--sheesh, I thought for sure you would make it to the end. But you fell off the wagon for some great stuff so I can't fault you for that :) That Kureyon is precisely why I can't even darken the doorstep of a yarn shop until Stashalong ends! We'll miss ya!

 
At 7:23 PM, Blogger Pammi said...

Just love all the yarn. You go girl and also thanks for the comments on my blog problem. I will be trying your suggestion soon.

 
At 1:46 AM, Blogger CynCyn said...

i can't believe you abandoned me. I knew when you were at String with Stacey that it spelled doom.

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger Marji said...

LOL, when you fall you do it with Style and Panache!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home