Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Sunday, February 05, 2006

I bought yarn

Before everyone starts yelling, I was good. I used that gift card my boss got me last month. I had been saving it to buy the new Rowan magazine but who was I kidding. I mean really. I can buy a book.

I'd love for my wedding colors to match that lovely (and funky) shade called "Jelly" of Rowan Kidsilk Haze so I decided I'd buy a couple of skiens so I could make the wrap called River in the Winter Rowan magazine. I don't know if I'll knit the beaded tie to go with it but I love the wrap and wouldn't it be awesome at the reception? We'll see if I can pull it off. I have to un-bury myself from the afghan for my sister first. I'll tell you more about that tomorrow though.

4 Comments:

At 6:50 PM, Blogger Wanda said...

Unh-hunh! Just couldn't wait to buy some yarn, I bet! Just because you got a gift certificate from a yarn store, so of course, you had to spend it there, but still!?!?! Of course that Jelly color is the perfect color match for your wedding and a wrap made out of it would just be beautiful, I agree. Besides your sister's wedding is in May, yours not until August, so you do have time . . .

 
At 7:08 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Hmm, how do I get people to buy me gift cards for yarn stores...

Was it satisfying?! :D

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger Kim said...

Lovely color! I'm sure you can get it done in time for your wedding--if you don't let yourself get too overwhelmed with wedding prep stuff :) Just passing through on weekly Stashalong patrol--have a great week!

 
At 4:35 PM, Blogger Glaistig said...

The River shawl sounds divine for your wedding.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home