Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Jazzy Satchel

I haven't posted any progress picks of my Weekend Satchel or my Fair Isle Jazz for a while so I thought I'd catch those up with where I'm at. Sadly, all the work I've been doing to get some of these WIPs finished means I haven't been working on the afghan. You didn't actually want that on your wedding day did you, DS?

The weekend satchel is HUGE.


I got my toes in there for scale. Whoa dang. This is just the back.


No, this isn't some weird bikini for a giant, its the bottom and two sides. Toes included for scale again.

Right now I'm working on the two straps and then I'll start the front (a.k.a. the fun part). It is supposed to be larger than the back so I'm a little concerned about how big that puppy is going to turn out. I plan to felt the back, bottom, and sides soon. The straps are felted separately to ensure they stay a vibrant beautiful red.

I've also been putting in a little time with the fair isle jazz. I had a lot more fun with the fair isle part than I'm having with the cabled section. I finished one cabled repeat now though and we have decent bobbles this time around.


Non-flacid bobbles = happy me

I tend to work on this only when I'm waiting in the car for something. It isn't the easiest knit while hanging out in the car though and now that I have a new pair of socks on the needles its location may be changed. I've also been trucking along on Rouge. I'll take a photo of her once I'm done with the hood. I really want to get her, Evergreen, and the Jazz done. What was I thinking having so many cable projects going at once... I love em though and know I'll enjoy wearing them so I can't really complain. Hope everyone has a great weekend. Happy Knitting!

3 Comments:

At 3:00 PM, Blogger Wanda said...

I forgot you were even working on that, the weekend satchel. It's lookin' good. One day I'll pick up the Fair Isle Jazz again. The Fair Isle was the fun part, the cables, eh, not so much.

 
At 6:53 PM, Blogger Chris said...

You have some very ambitious and cool projects going! I'm curious to see how the Weekend Satchel turns out. The pattern tempts me...

 
At 12:35 AM, Blogger CynCyn said...

holy crap, satchel is HUGE... but not like Constant Companion or anything. Can't wait to see her put together.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home