Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Monday, February 13, 2006

So much to say

I actually have a bunch to tell you. It seems like it's been forever since I had anything to say about anything. First, I was naughty this weekend and probably only got three rows done on the Afghan For Sister (AFS). I did manage to finish these babies though


so I'm feeling quite justified in my lack of attention to the AFS. They turned out nicely. I don't care for how they fit me though. It turns out on the first sock I was a bit impatient to be finished and could have made them about a half-inch longer. Have you ever done that? Wanted to be done so badly that you might stretch them a bit more than is realistic to make sure you are done? Sigh. Don't feel too bad though. I'm so sick of these puppies I'll be quite happy to see them off to a good home. My mom has tiny little feet with huge arches so she wears nearly the same sock size as me. With her tiny feet they should fit perfectly.

What else kept me from the AFS? Ribby, Must Have, and something new. It's been so long since I've had so much to say I'm dragging this out for all it's worth. I'll tell you more tomorrow.

5 Comments:

At 5:00 PM, Blogger duchessofgravity said...

sometimes you just have to work on a different project, hell sometime syou even have to cast on for a new projectjust t okeep from getting bored. no knitting guilt :)

 
At 5:40 PM, Blogger Chris said...

I bet your mom will love those socks - fun color!

 
At 11:07 PM, Blogger CynCyn said...

now, how is it that I can't remember what you cast on for on Friday? your mom better love those socks! knit with much fricking fracking love.

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger Wanda said...

Congrats on finishing the socks. Sorry they're too small, but they look great. I'm sure your mom will love them.

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger Brianne said...

I'm trying not to do that exact same thing right now! I'm working on socks for Hubby and all I can think is, "Why do his feet have to be so long and wide? Dangitt!!" I'm determined not to make his socks too short! (Or just to block them so they won't be.)

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home