Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Socks again

I haven't taken any photos but I decided to knit another pair of socks. I'm going for seriously easy this time. I'm using that great Austerman's sock yarn I picked up on the legitimate yarn buying day. It has Aloe Vera and Jojoba Oil in the yarn (supposed to last through 40 washings even) though I'm only counting on it to soften my hands a bit while I knit with it. It's super soft and such a pretty colorway (I'm using the green one).

I've decided to make every sock in the Sensational Knitted Socks book. It sounds ambitious but I didn't say how long it's going to take. The first one is first up. It doesn't have a great name so I'll be referring to it as Sensational Sock #1. I always wanted some sensational socks so it works for me.

6 Comments:

At 10:40 AM, Anonymous Stacey said...

What a good idea, and what a great way to knit through your sock yarn stash!! Maybe I'll join you!! I love that book. Are you starting at the beginning? Which method are you using? The toe up, cuff down, dpn, magic loop, or two circular's? After the Olympics are over I'll cast on!!

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger Chris said...

The yarn looks very cool. I'm intersted in hearing about your experiences with that yarn, which has fascinated me since I heard about it. Will it leave greasy marks on your clothes? Knitting bag? Furniture? Make your needles slippery?

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

I thought about doing that too because that book rocks! It's the best sock book out there in my opinion. I will be cheering you on.

 
At 2:24 PM, Blogger Jenifer said...

Can't wait to see how that yarn works!

 
At 4:11 PM, Anonymous Jeni said...

That is a great idea. I think I will do the same, it will help me learn a lot more about socks for sure. I was pretty sure I didn't want to knit socks and look at me now. Have you already started?

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger Wanda said...

I can't wait to actually see the yarn. For some reason, the flickr photo isn't coming up for me. It sounds like a great idea. You're totally cracking me up that you're starting a pair of socks, since we all know how much you love them!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home