Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

What else?

I'm still not done telling you about the weekend. I'm loving this...

So, on Friday I finally managed to get my Ribby cardi seamed up. On Saturday morning she looked a lot like this.

I was very pleased with the fit (except the sleeves were too short for my taste) and I just needed to pick a collar I wanted. For anyone that hasn't made this yet (is there anyone that hasn't made this yet?) the pattern comes with three different options for a collar. I thought that was very cool. I finally decided on a mock-turtleneck collar.

I also needed to figure out how to extend those sleeves without ripping them out completely. I decided to pick up stitches around the cuff and knit in the opposite direction. Since I knew that would leave an obvious line I opted to use the grey. Now she looks like this.

Now just to get her over to one of our LYS that will be able to sew in the zipper I picked up on Sunday. I thought about doing it myself but I really don't want to hate my cardi (which tends to happen when I get frustrated with what I'm doing). Nearly there!

10 Comments:

At 10:08 AM, Blogger Chris said...

It looks great - and I love how you lengthened the sleeves!

Good plan re: the zipper, too. :)

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger duchessofgravity said...

ohhh cute, i wasn't sure i liked it before...put it on, put it on! take a picture with it on! sorry. little excited over here! i've been looking for a cardigan pattern...

 
At 10:34 AM, Anonymous michaele said...

wow - the sleeves looked pretty long to me - but I am petite. Let's see a picture of it on the model!

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger Brianne said...

Great idea for lengthening the sleeves! Might as well make it look like you meant it to be that way and use the grey! So cool. :D

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger Scoutj said...

I love what you did with the sleeves! I think it's funny that I helped run the Ribby Cardi KAL and only got the back done and part of one of the fronts and it's now a UFO forever probably....yours looks great though!

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger CynCyn said...

the fit is beautiful on you. i can't wait to see it when ST finishes finishing it!

 
At 5:44 AM, Blogger Wanda said...

You know, you can always take it to ST on Saturday or Sunday and they will do it for you. I just checked with them and the cost is fairly minimal.

 
At 9:17 AM, Anonymous your ISE pal said...

Looks fantastic. I'm probably the one person who's not knit this yet but it's waiting in the wings.

Your scarf should be there any day!

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger jennysbelly said...

I like that so much! It's definitely on my list to make.

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger Glaistig said...

Love it! Just in time to keep you toasty for the snowstorm :) I adore mock turtlenecks since they have just enough coverage to keep you warm without choking you.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home