Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Monday, March 27, 2006

Aargh, Matie!

I decided to make We Call Them Pirates hat for DH dad. Since Pirates of the Caribbean came out all things pirate have been the family's running joke. Our dear brother in law visited not that long ago and I realized how far gone their dad had gone when I was shown a picture of the living room. He's got a Jolly Roger flag hanging on the wall. That's it, I thought. He must have this hat.

I started on it the very next day. It was a very fast knit (took only two days actually), but unfortunately for him I didn't verify my gauge on the colorwork section.

If I wiggle my eyebrows it pops off the top of my head. Stacey, thankfully, ran into the same issue so we decided a fun pose was in order. I'm so grateful to have friends that run into the same problems I do.

Later that night, Cyn helped me frog the old hat. I seriously debated gifting the tiny one to someone with a tiny head. How cute would a baby be in that? But DH really wants a hat that matches his dads so a frogging I did go. I started a new one last night on needles two sizes larger than last time. I checked. I have gauge this time. Yeah!

Oh yeah, I'm using Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino. On the too-small version it took less than half a ball of each color. I expect this version to take a little more. Awesome stuff for a hat. I'd highly recommend using it. Just check your gauge. *grin*

5 Comments:

At 1:11 PM, Anonymous Joanne said...

I said it to Stacey, and I'll say it to you. You two are goofy!! But I mean that in the very best possible way!! *L*

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Silliness!

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger CynCyn said...

it must be a quick knit... you and stacey raced through that project! maybe we'll see the adult sized hat this weekend?

 
At 6:07 PM, Blogger ttbookjunkie said...

They look like fun hats. You girls are silly :)

Amanda

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger Wanda said...

At least you finished it up so quickly, you can rip it out and restart it.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home