Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Afghan Revisited

So aside from the rick-a-frackin' pirate hat I worked on over the weekend, I also picked up the afghan I'm making my DS over this past weekend. I decided to change the way I was knitting it. Not only did I not want to work on it because it's hot to sit under (especially now that Spring is upon us) but also because it's darn heavy. And if it's this darn heavy when I've only finished two rows of the blocks I wouldn't finish it in this lifetime. So we started over. Yes. I'm a bit sad about that part. But it's for the best.

It's so portable and I actually feel like I make progress when I work on it. I love that I can work a few rows and put it down without it being a few hours later too. So... column 1 is about halfway done. Whoo hoo.

I joined this cute group yesterday. If you haven't checked it out yet go take a peek.

6 Comments:

At 3:37 PM, Anonymous Stacey said...

You ripped the whole thing out??!!! Holy crikey! That's a lot of knitting...but I guess it's good that you can knit on it comfortably now though.

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Yowza. The whole thing?! Wow...

 
At 5:59 PM, Blogger ttbookjunkie said...

I think the column or square approach is the best way to make a blanket myself. Your afghan is coming out great I love the colors.

I joined the sew I knit along too, I love the project for April...bags!

Amanda

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger CynCyn said...

oh man. i bet that was a tangled beast to frog. i hope mr. sittin' helped.

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger Wanda said...

Yikes! Sorry you had to rip it out, but it does seem like this way is more manageable for you. I'm glad you are starting to work on it again. Maybe your sister will get it by this year's end?!

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger Jenifer said...

Wow, I can't believe you've had 9 updates since I read your blog last! Holy cow. The afghan is looking great!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home