Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Ameile

So last week on Thursday I had the opportunity to head to the yarn shop for lunch. This used to be something I enjoyed doing 3 to 4 times per week but it's dwindled to once every couple of weeks. Over the stash-along it was not-at-all because I knew I couldn't handle it.

I also realized on Thursday that I had taken my knitting out of the car. I used to keep the Fair Isle Jazz in the car but now that I'm on the cable section it's too unwieldy for car knitting. So I had no knitting. So I did what any normal obsessive knitter would do . I went ahead and bought yarn, a pattern, and needles so I could knit on my lunch break. I searched for a while and then came upon this very lovely design.

I've opted to do the body in white with the contrast sections in that awesome green. I'm using Rowan Calmer. Mmmmm. Calmer. The pattern actually called for a mercanized cotton but I'm not a huge fan of the gassed stuff and I only needed 4 skeins of the MC if I used Calmer. I swear it's my favorite cotton. Great yardage. And awesome to knit with. So awesome in fact that I'm nearly finished with the back of this lovely thing.

I'm really happy with the pattern as well. It's very well written. I've admired this designer for quite some time but have yet to make anything she's designed. I'm a bit nervous about the crochet sections (all the ruffles are crochet) but I love the overall effect and know I'll love the finished item so I'll brave it. Now to find a cute summer dress to wear this over...

4 Comments:

At 3:51 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Wow, look at you go! I like your colors better than those in the pattern. And good luck with the crochet... that scares me.

 
At 6:56 PM, Blogger Wanda said...

It looks great. You've made a lot of progress with it thus far. How's River coming? You are totally about that green right now, aren't you? Wonder what that's about? :-)

 
At 7:17 AM, Blogger Cathi said...

That is just speeding along! Good for you!

 
At 5:12 PM, Blogger Glaistig said...

Wow, that is so lovely! It will be perfect for spring.

For some reason, your statement "I'm not a huge fan of the gassed stuff" made me laugh.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home