Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Monday, March 06, 2006

Satchel or Blanket?

This bugger is HUGE. I finished up the intarsia last night but I'm not finished with the front. I measured it and I have 10 more inches to go. 10. inches!!! Holy crikey!

I'm looking forward to all of the embroidery that needs to be done before it's felted. There's quite a bit but it really makes the bag look so nice. I'm glad it's embroidery instead of needle felting. I've done the needle felting before and think it's great. But only for small areas. I can't imagine how long it would take to try to needle felt all the vines, flower and leaf detail or the rest of it. I still need to order the hardware for this too. I haven't found the perfect buckles yet. Anyone that's done this know of a great place to find them?

I haven't gotten around to felting the back, bottom, sides, or handles yet. Here's the pile of that stuff. Those handles are 8 feet 2 inches long. Each. The designer of this bag doesn't do anything small does she...

3 Comments:

At 5:33 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Wow! Yeah, isn't it crazy how big or long you have to make things for felting??

 
At 10:37 PM, Blogger Wanda said...

That is super huge!

 
At 12:06 AM, Blogger CynCyn said...

but you're gonna love it when it's done. are you lininig it with fabric? it'd look super sharp lined with that lime/chartreuse green. good luck finding buckles... i wonder if they'd know at Denver Fabric?

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home