Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Sock Sock Sock

Sock progress is screaming along (at least relative to my sock knitting history). The first pattern stitch was a simple broken rib. I'm working on the heel now and should have it turned soon. I tried a few new things this time. Like switching to a smaller needle for the heel and bottom. I hope it helps improve the feel of the sock.

The yarn is that Austerman Step yarn with Aloe and Jojoba Oil. I love this stuff. I got a few questions about it when I posted that I'd be using it and now that I have for a little while I can answer them.

It's not oily at all, just very soft. It's a strong yarn (I don't think I could snap it in two, scissors required). The striping is fun and I love the color combinations they use in the yarn. It is a touch pricier than a standard wool but I think that is to be expected. The label claims that the Aloe and Jojoba will last through 40 washings. I think that's a pretty strong claim. I wonder after it wears out if I'll even notice? I'd expect the socks to be "worn in" by then. I'm already looking forward to the next skein I have of it that's in shades of blue.

3 Comments:

At 5:44 PM, Blogger CynCyn said...

i need some of that yarn! i want both colorways that you have. crap a long stash a long! it looks great!

 
At 10:03 PM, Blogger Chris said...

And are your hands wonderfully soft now that you've knitted with it a bit? :)

 
At 6:33 AM, Blogger Wanda said...

I like the colors of this sock yarn. And you are crusin' along on that sock there. maybe you might like socks more?

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home