Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Friday, March 31, 2006

Spring Pirate

I've been spending most of my lunch breaks enjoying the wonderful spring weather by sitting at a park near my office listening to audiobooks and knitting. Aaahh. Spring. Not too hot. Not too cold.

The pirate hat is progressing nicely and at the correct gauge. I had DH try it on the other night to confirm it doesn't cut off circulation this time.

The audio book I've been listening to most recently is the one being posted by Librivox as their podcast. Is it ironic that it's Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson?

If you enjoy audiobooks I strongly encourage you to visit Librivox. It's a group of volunteers that are reading books that are in the public domain and publishing them for free. You can either download them at their website or subscribe to their podcast. The podcast will publish a section every day or so as well as a weekly poetry reading. Lovely stuff.

2 Comments:

At 12:02 PM, Anonymous Leisel said...

Oh, cool! Thanks for the link. I love the idea of audio books to knit by, but the first one I tried was so full of swearing I couldn't stand to listen to it. It's just so much worse to have the bad language blasted into your ear than to read over it. Classic books aren't going to have so much of that.

 
At 4:51 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Thanks for the link!! And good to hear that the hat won't be a brain tourniquet. :D

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home