Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Still here

I swear I'm still around. I'm even knitting some. I'm apparently seriously slacking with the photos though.

We'll do some picturless updates today. Your imagination will make prettier objects than I can crank off my needles anyway.

I got up to the sleeve cap shaping on one of the sleeves of Rogue using the two-rows-of-old-yarn-and-two-rows-of-new-yarn method but it's definately darker than the body. I noticed I had quite a bit of yarn from my original skein left after finishing (looks like almost half a skein is still left) so I put the dark one onto scrap yarn and cast on for the second sleeve. I worked the inside of the hem in the new yarn (since it get turned under anyway) and am trying to finish up the outside of the sleeve with a single skein. I'm hoping there will be enough but it will certainly be close. I'll have to show it off soon (if I can ever get home before dark so you can actually see the differences in the sleeves).

Ameile is coming along nicely. I get more work done on her than any other project since I've started knitting on my lunch break again. I should be finished with the back this week. Whoo Hoo.

Weekend satchel front is knitted up but I need to do the embroidery. Very fun (I hope). I felted the back, bottom, sides, and handles the other day. Boy do they need a shave! I'm going to have to do a before and after of those bad boys.

Hope all is well out there in blogland. Pictures soon. I promise.

3 Comments:

At 12:18 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

If you want a laugh, go see what I did for pictures today. It's kind of sad.

I'm having issues with color matching on my clapotis too, hope it works out for you.

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger CynCyn said...

that's good news to hear about Rogue... b/c if you had issues with yardage, i don't want to think about mine.
can't wait to see progress in person!

 
At 7:10 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Hmm, I wonder where I could hide to knit on my lunch break so I wouldn't have to answer 21 questions?! Looking forward to seeing some pictures of Rogue!!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home