Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Trouble in the Hood

So, in an effort to avoid casting on for anything new I picked up Rogue again.


She's so pretty. I finished up the hood a couple of nights ago. But now I have a serious dilemma. It's called two sleeves and only two skeins of wool left. I went ahead and cast on a sleeve to see how far I could get so I could better judge how much I'd need to finish the two sleeves.


That's only about 5" of the sleeve including the hem that gets turned under. AARGH. I'm guessing I'm going to need three skeins per sleeve (anybody else care to take a guess?) which means I need to order four more skeins of yarn to get two sleeves. I plan on doing one row in the old skein and two with the new because I know the dye lot is going to be off. I just hope it's not off by a lot.

6 Comments:

At 6:54 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

OOOhhh - pretty yarn! What is it? I bet it looks even better in person.

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger Wanda said...

Yikes, I hope you are able to get more yarn. Is that Peace Fleece?

 
At 8:50 PM, Blogger Chris said...

I am sending you lucky yarn thoughts! I suppose a sleeveless Rogue hoodie would be an interesting look...

 
At 10:39 PM, Blogger duchessofgravity said...

hmmm i used just about 250 yards per sleeve...i thought i wasn't going to have enough but i didn't even finsh up the 3 balls i had of mission falls for each sleeve. did that make sense? i ended up buyin gextra yarn and taking it back cause i never touched it...how many yards do you have? and i made a larger size than you are so...ya know what you might even make it...let me know how it goes now i'm curious.

 
At 11:11 PM, Blogger CynCyn said...

uh.. maybe you have enough? i mean... three balls of mission falls... 270 yards or less. Each skein of peace fleece is somewhere around 200 yds? no?
so, maybe MAYBE you need one more skein.
you can check with Tiffany...it MIGHT be the same dyelot.

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger Jenifer said...

You finished the hood! You're doing the sleeves! How exciting. I think that your one row old/two rows new will work out great -- there's enough variation in your yarn it won't show too much, I think. Good luck! Time for me to get mine out, too ... before it gets too warm!!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home