Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Monday, March 20, 2006

Wedding Gift

I had quite a bit of fun running around the house the other day searching for reds and pinks. It became a bit nostalgic after a little while. One of the "reds" I found was this quilt. My great aunt made this quilt for my mother as a wedding gift. When I finally settled down with a house of my own my mother gave it to me.

I love this quilt. Mom would always wrap me up in it when I was feeling sick. The red flowery rectangles and the backing is made from flannel. It's so soft and cozy. The squares are all corduroy and lend quite a bit of weight and durability to the blanket. I still drag it out any time I don't feel well so I can snuggle up underneath and remember being little.

3 Comments:

At 1:27 PM, Blogger Chris said...

What a gorgeous quilt - and what wonderful cozy comfortable memories. Very cool.

 
At 2:48 PM, Anonymous Anne said...

That's a gorgeous quilt - and so much nicer than the one I remember - it was a horrid red itchy thing, that my mother insisted I lay on when I had chicken pox so I didn't mark the sofa - I don't know which was worse - the itching of the spots, or the itching of the blanket!

Yours looks snuggly!

 
At 9:02 AM, Blogger Wanda said...

What a wonderful memories to have wrapped up in that quilt. Lovely.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home