Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Friday, March 17, 2006

Weekend Work

Working on the Weekend Satchel that is. I thought of something the other day. I pack light. This thig should be renamed to the Week-Long Satchel.

The handles shrunk nicely during the felting. They took twice as long as the bag itself when I felted them. I hope that isn't a bad omen or something. They are seriously fuzzy (click on the photo for a close up) and will require a close shave before I consider walking around with them. I can handle cat hair on my clothes but this stuff will be everywhere!

The back, bottom, and sides are drying in the tub. They take up the whole bottom. They didn't felt quite as nicely as I'd hoped but they did do well. I'm very pleased that they are still as squared as I wanted. I'm sure it won't matter as much once I start sewing this big boy up.

And here is the front. I still haven't managed to get started on the embroidery. It definatly makes the bag though so there is no skimping on that part. That's probably why I haven't plucked up the nerve yet to get started on it. Maybe I'll get to it this weekend. It's a pretty funny looking bag until the detail is worked into it. I just can't wait until it's finished up. I want to use it already.

5 Comments:

At 11:53 AM, Anonymous Stacey said...

Maybe you can finish it in time for our weekend in Buena Vista?! I can't wait!

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger Chris said...

What do you mean by the back etc didn't felt as well as you liked? Would felting more help?

Straps ALWAYS take longer, so that's normal. :)

It's going to be fun to see this all together!

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger Wanda said...

That bag is looking great, Michelle. You're right, the embroidery definitely makes the bag.

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger Bookish Wendy said...

Man, I love that bag..I can't wait to see how it turns out!

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger Glaistig said...

I love the colors on the Satchel. I have a feeling it will be a real head turner when you're using it.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home