Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Thursday, March 23, 2006

You Want the Good News or the Bad News?

Since there's a bit of both I'll start with the good, move on to bad, and then find a positive spin. Sounds like a plan to me...

So the good news. I've finished both sleeves for Rogue. It took less than one skein of the new yarn to get them both finished up (I have about half a skein left of it - plus the two extra I bought because I was so freaked out about running out).

There isn't any evidence of striping that I can tell but I bet if I stare hard enough in daylight conditions I could imagine some pretty well. The cabling was simple and the sleeves very easy to knit. Thank heaven for that, since I knit them twice each.

The bad news? When I blocked it I realized they are HUGE. I made a size or two up from what I normally would because I wanted it to be loose and baggy. This will swamp me. The arm width is over an inch wider than the pattern recommends. I'm pretty sure it grew when I got it wet which gives me pause about the body because I haven't dunked it yet and it's already 40".


Blocking in style. Even though it's huge...

So... the positive spin? DH likes it. Once I get it all seamed up it looks like the brown colorspeckled Rogue is destined to be his. I refuse to knit this again (at least in this yarn). Looks like one day I'll knit it up again for me. Maybe I'll use Cascade. Maybe a pretty blue or green. I love how Kim's is turning out...

4 Comments:

At 11:04 AM, Blogger Chris said...

Oh, bummer!! But it's good that you can keep it in the family at least...

 
At 4:56 PM, Anonymous Stacey said...

You were never 100% excited about that yarn...so at least he likes it, and you know that the receiver will take care of it and wash it properly. (since you'll be washing it!) :) Was the Peace Fleece really that miserable to work with? I'm getting ready to cast mine on again...sheesh! Any advice? Wood or metal needles?

**and holy crap you've been posting a TON lately! I love it!**

 
At 5:25 PM, Blogger duchessofgravity said...

wow, well at least he likes it! i couldn't get dave into a sweater to save his life! glad the striping doesn't show. and congrats on finishing!

 
At 5:31 PM, Blogger ttbookjunkie said...

Oh that is to bad that the sleeves came out to large but it is so great that your DH loves it.

By the way thanks so much for the tip on the Aurora book sale, I have never actually been to Aurora so I will have to check it out. I love library sales, Estes Park has one every year in August and they have an "All you can put into a bag for $3 sale." I love it now all I need is more space...

Amanda :)

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home