Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Friday, April 21, 2006

The ABCs of Me

A is for Age: I like my wine older than my cheese and my hubby younger than me.
B is for Booze: I love a good red wine and wheat beers but that's about the extent of it.
C is for Career: Computer geek, security geek, marketing
D is for Dad's Name: James but, like all his brothers, he goes by his middle name of Frank.
E is for Essential Item to Bring to a Party: Food (I love the tradition of bringing flowers -something I picked up when I lived in Germany but am not very good about it)
F is for Favorite Song at the Moment: Fly by Adrina Thorpe
G is for Goof-off Thing to Do: Sit at the LYS and knit when I should be cleaning or working
H is for Hometown: I moved around too much to pick just one. There's Milton, Florida where my folks live. Or there is Aurora, Colorado where I live now.
I is for Instrument You Play: Um, this should be "played" but I used to be pretty good at the piano. I played the violin briefly but, while I love to listen to them, I never got the knack of playing one.
J is for Jam or Jelly you Like: Strawberry (just about any brand)
K is for Kids: Nope though I'm hoping for a bunch of nieces and nephews one day (NO RUSH ladies!)
L is for Living Arrangement: House that I love until it's time to clean it. Then I think a smaller space would be good...
M is for Mom's Name: Lorna, just like the cookies
N is for Names of Good Friends: Gretchen, Heather, and all my knitting grrls
O is for Overnight Hospital Stays: None thankfully
P is for Pets: One Tamiflague (a.k.a. cat)
Q is for Quotes you Like: We must not allow other people's limited perceptions define us
R is for Relationship That Lasted Longest: Current DH
S is for Siblings: One most wonderful sister. I've also inherited three lovely sisters in law and a brother in law. Wow.
T is for Texas: Not too fond of the Texas. I think I saw too much of it when I lived in New Mexico and had to drive 13 hours of the 23 hour drive home through Texas. I always seem to get a speeding ticket when I drove through there. I did live in San Antonio twice though.
U is for Unique Trait: Lived in Berlin Germany when the Wall was still up. I think it gave me a unique perspective on freedom (compared with the general population anyway)
V is for Vegetables You Love: Tie between green beans and asparagus
W is for Worst Traits: Can come across as a know-it-all or stuck up when I first meet people
X is for X-Rays you've Had: Everything except my head and legs. (I'm sure head will be scanned soon if they see my stash post...)
Y is for Yummy Food You Make: Stuffed bell peppers, scones, dump cake
Z is for Zodiac Sign: Libra

6 Comments:

At 10:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there. I may bbe related to you but it turns out I don't know you as well as I should. I'm going to have to send you the ABC's of me too. Have a great day!!
Love, SIS

 
At 11:12 AM, Anonymous Bookish Wendy said...

I love this! What a great idea!!

 
At 5:43 PM, Blogger Chris said...

That was fun! Thanks for sharing. W is totally me, too. :)

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger CynCyn said...

mmm. dump cake. you forgot baked mac n cheese!! and if you need x ray b/c of stash, we'll all be in line for x rays!

 
At 11:21 AM, Anonymous Joanne said...

When I met you, you didn't come across as you described in "W". I thought you were sweet, and a bit shy. I'm glad to know you.

 
At 10:59 AM, Anonymous jennhx said...

great list! i might have to do this too...

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home