Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Free Stuff

How does one person get so lucky with the free stuff. I mean really? My friend from work's wife decided to do a little more house cleaning. Hooray!! I got a garbage bag full of yarn. Some of which will end up as a Green Gable (isn't that such a cute pattern - and the timing couldn't have been better). There are quite a few bright ones between this batch and the last. I'm thinking a Rambling Rows afghan for another future kiddo.

More wool for felting. I love how much black she's given.

And a bunch of random yarns. Most feel cotton. They Kroy feels nice and I've always heard good things about it. And two balls of trekking. Looks like DH might be getting some socks (or mittens or a hat - I mean, let's be realistic).

9 Comments:

At 10:47 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Man, I'm jealous. The one time a co-worker brought me yarn, it was all the nastiest acrylic I ever saw. She kept calling it wool though. How misleading. :P

 
At 11:04 AM, Anonymous Dipsy said...

Hi from Austria! Wow, what a great surprise it must have been to get all this beautiful yarn! I love the variety of the colors and am really curious to see what you're gonna make with it! By the way, the "Green Gable" pattern is so gorgeous! Have fun knitting!

 
At 11:48 AM, Anonymous Imbrium said...

Nice haul! You can't beat free yarn. :)

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Trekking.... mmmmmm......

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Wow, good free yarn! Lucky you. :)

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger Jenifer said...

Oh ... nice ... free yarn. :) Gotta love that! And your weekend satchel ... I have a feeling that when I see it in person I'm going to NEED to make that next. Your projects have a way of influencing me ...

 
At 7:15 PM, Anonymous Becky said...

No offense, but she's nuts and your lucky. Who would get rid of perfectly good wool? And so much of it!! It's not like she bought one or two and decided she didn't like it, it's her whole darn stash. Oh well, keep reaping the benifits of the insane. Becky

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger CynCyn said...

wow! how fortuitous for you that this lady obviously has no imagination or love of knitting. 2 balls of trekking? all that wool? crazy.

 
At 6:19 AM, Blogger Wanda said...

Some people have all the luck with getting free yarn!! :-)

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home